• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'86 M1008 info

Buck69

As most may already know, I picked up my project truck a year ago, which a previous owner had removed the engine and radiator from. Having invested several hundred hours to date, it has really started to grow into part of the family with me.
My question is, does any of the numbers I am coming across on it, mean anything to any of you? Would really like to find out it's full history and fill in the blanks.
My paper trail starts with the original shipping document from the Flint Plant to the Warren CUCV Program on 02/86. Then jumps to transfer of ownership to the City Of Republic in Wa in 06/2000. From there it transfer to the gentleman (who I assume) bought it for the engine and rad in 2005. The truck has been in storage until my purchase in 2023.
It appears to have been a relatively lightly used work truck with 64k miles on the odometer.
Numbers I am finding are;
Drivers door (inside) NGIVX4
Passenger fender (outside) TP455
Front bumper (passenger side) OR-ARNG and 1210T, (drivers side) TRK-46
If anyone can help, that would be great!
Oh ya.... Have it making fire again and it should be back on the road soon.

Alvydas

As most may already know, I picked up my project truck a year ago, which a previous owner had removed the engine and radiator from. Having invested several hundred hours to date, it has really started to grow into part of the family with me.
My question is, does any of the numbers I am coming across on it, mean anything to any of you? Would really like to find out it's full history and fill in the blanks.
My paper trail starts with the original shipping document from the Flint Plant to the Warren CUCV Program on 02/86. Then jumps to transfer of ownership to the City Of Republic in Wa in 06/2000. From there it transfer to the gentleman (who I assume) bought it for the engine and rad in 2005. The truck has been in storage until my purchase in 2023.
It appears to have been a relatively lightly used work truck with 64k miles on the odometer.
Numbers I am finding are;
Drivers door (inside) NGIVX4
Passenger fender (outside) TP455
Front bumper (passenger side) OR-ARNG and 1210T, (drivers side) TRK-46
If anyone can help, that would be great!
Oh ya.... Have it making fire again and it should be back on the road soon.
Number on the drivers door NGIVX4 is Registration No. of your vehicle ( like reg.plate for civil vehicles). The same number should be on the VIN plate mounted just in the drivers side door frame under your striker bolt for the door latch.
If this number does not match, the door may have been changed or the number may have been written only to imitate something.
Mark on passenger fender TP455 is the Tire Pressure . Must be only two digits eg , 35;45 etc. depending on CUCV. Pressure is marked on all fenders (front and rear)
Number on Front bumper are military unit numbers. I don't much about that

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks