• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 m1009 left front noise

Riden8ked

Ever since i bought my m1009 after drive for a little while, i have a chafing sound that sounds like its coming from the the left front. The longer i drive the louder it gets. Ive rebuilt my hubs when i changed all the ball joints, still getting the sound. I cant pinpoint the sounds. I check the hubs and wheels and they are not hot to the touch after driving. It sounds like a dust shield it rubbing but i cant replicate the sound on stands. I'll see if i can get a video up. Until then any input or suggestions gents?

Squibbly

Ever since i bought my m1009 after drive for a little while, i have a chafing sound that sounds like its coming from the the left front. The longer i drive the louder it gets. Ive rebuilt my hubs when i changed all the ball joints, still getting the sound. I cant pinpoint the sounds. I check the hubs and wheels and they are not hot to the touch after driving. It sounds like a dust shield it rubbing but i cant replicate the sound on stands. I'll see if i can get a video up. Until then any input or suggestions gents?
Does it get faster and slower with speed? Or constant until you stop?

Does it happen at a certain speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cucvrus

I recommend you remove the axle shafts and drive shaft from the front axle. Reassemble everything and see if the sound goes away. I mean at least if you take it down that far you are bound to find something. And if not reassemble without the axles and drive shaft and drive it then. see what you got. Have you ever pulled the differential cover from the 10 bolt front axle? That would be a good place to start. Report back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks