• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 m1009

Chuckh55

I have recently joined, live in Washington state and was looking for a M1009 or M1008. Searched Craigslist this AM and found a M1009 for sale that had been purchased by a fire department, I'm guessing as a command vehicle. Not sure but guessing the current owner was a member of the department. I have plans to head up to see it this weekend to look at it. They have had some real snow issues so that may have to wait till next week when warmer temps make it easier to get there.
The current owner said he has converted the 24v to 12v "Some of the 24 volt system is still there. But I wired around the glow plug resistor and rewired the batteries to parallel as it is easier to charge." was what he responded when asked about the 24v, there is some rust in the kick panels also.
Anything else I should look for when I head out?
My plans for it would be a daily driver and I would like to get involved with 4x4 Rescue. Thoughts or suggestions, anyone live in the north end of the Sound?
Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Best advice for you is two fold. Do some reading up in the CUCV forum and make darned certain that the papers are correct for the truck. A bill of sale and an SF97 in someone elses name spells trouble.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks