• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

87 AF Deuce on GSA

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did anyone see this truck on GSA that sold today? 1987 Air Force Deuce, looks like factory paint, split brakes, 348 miles (could be original). The truck looks to be virtually unused and almost NOS (except for broken window knob and who knows what else). Probably one of the nicest Deuces I've seen between GL and GSA. Looks like a hanger queen.

Not even broken-in yet.

Attachments

Last edited:

BugEyeBear

Looks VERY Nice!! (from what little I can see in the pics...)

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I seriously doubt that it only has 348 miles on it!

MAYBE the speedo has been replaced?

OR MAYBE it was recently overhauled?

I'd want to see it in person before I would bet on it being all original with such low miles...

Then again, WHAT DO I KNOW!!

Regardless, it IS a VERY NICE looking truck!!

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree that the speedo could have been changed. Or, even busted. I'm looking at the paint primarily. It looks like the original paint from AM General. I don't believe it's been CARC'd. I could be wrong, but I believe it's the same paint we usually see in the interior.

My money is on original miles.

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the trucks I've seen on GSA are usually total wrecks. I missed that one. Nice.
Yeah, they can be all used up, re-wired, reconfigured, rusted out, pretty bad. I've had decent luck on GSA. My M756A2 came from GSA. Montana Forestry, they never used it, they had it for 10 years and never touched it.

We'll find out about the truck above soon enough.:-D

The other trucks in ND looked pristine as well. The m813's bed looked like nothing had ever been in it. New data plates, looked to be a very late model. Listed as 10,000 miles.

There was also a very nice M816 & M818.

GSA purchased M756A2 below:

Attachments

Last edited:

fireball

Damm, if this keeps up, you all will find out about ND. We get em, put em in missle silos for 30 years to gettum out of the cold, turn em in to Gsa and then do it all over again. YA you betcha

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Fireball,

So, could this truck be basically new? The exterior sure looks almost new, like it's been protected from the elements.

Again, my money is on 348 miles being correct from new.

We will know soon.....

Addition to my 1st post: Or could it be a Silo Queen???

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks