• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

880 arived

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI I just got my M880 in today (all the way from Stroud OK and for 1,000. I could not have done it my self for less,when you figure in trailer rental and fuel n time.

I will try to post pics soon,it is in good shape body and inside will be checking out the eng/trans later.

here is a pics of it in OK.

Steve $(KGrHqUOKjEE3Juq!5IdBN0sG5WCEQ~~_12.jpg

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI thanks I will post more as I can it seems to be very rust free better than the 890 I got from AZ .

cpl mark dorsey

mine is rust free except inside box has some small spots, but nothn major. its amazing how they have held up over time, my 5 yr old car that hasn't nearly chewed the dirt my m-880 has has more rust on it!

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI dtracy yup it was he was selling it for his son I bought it late in 2012 after price came down.
I have some extra parts hehe what do you need mark.

cpl mark dorsey

I need the brass washer w wire attached and plastic spacer that fits into the recess on back of steering wheel, its for the horn connection, dont know proper name, its not even shown in repair manual. a gas gauge ,oil pressure gauge, speedometer, and the light switch box for head lights. p.s. do u know how light switch pull comes off? I unscrewed plastic on outside by knob,does the knob/handle itself come off,i cant seem to get it to budge,needs to come off so u can slide it out from under dash. thanx for your time-SEMPER FI

dtracy22

I need the brass washer w wire attached and plastic spacer that fits into the recess on back of steering wheel, its for the horn connection, dont know proper name, its not even shown in repair manual. a gas gauge ,oil pressure gauge, speedometer, and the light switch box for head lights. p.s. do u know how light switch pull comes off? I unscrewed plastic on outside by knob,does the knob/handle itself come off,i cant seem to get it to budge,needs to come off so u can slide it out from under dash. thanx for your time-SEMPER FI
If your talking about the Dodge headlight switch(not the black out lights) then to remove the pull rod you have to reach under the dash and push in on a button and the pull rod slides right out.

Most likely it is not the fuel gauge that is bad. It will be the sending unit in the tank. I doubt oil pressure gauge is bad either. I call the horn piece your looking for the tone wheel.

cpl mark dorsey

thanx for the great info,if the oil pressure gauge is good,then what would cause it not to work? and that's the first time ive heard a name for the horn piece,fantastic! stupit question,the plastic spacer goes against the back of steering wheel first,then the tone wheel goes over it,or other way round?

dtracy22

There is another thread on here about the fuel senders. You can get a brand new one for $117.

To test the gauges you can ground out the sensor wire with the key on. The gauge should swing all the way over. If it swings over then the gauge is good and the wiring is good. Problem is then the sensor or sender.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do not need to be tied to military parts sources for about all of the parts. The truck is basically a civilian truck in military color except for the military switches and blackout lights. NAPA, etc. will have the parts you need other than the dedicated military items adapted to the civilian truck. My doggone memory evidently did not get up when I did yet, I think it would be a civilian D-200 but someone please correct me if I am wrong. I have two and have owned others, am a Mopar guy, so I have done a lot of work on them and know most parts are not military parts source specific.
Regards Martin Sacks

goodbrewing

Many of the parts will be the same as a W or D-100 or 200. The 100 is 1/2 ton and the 200 is 3/4 ton suspension. Like WVCB already said D is 2 wd and W is 4x4. If you plan to keep it for awhile and can afford new go that way. I will look to see if I have the trim you need without the radio hole. I know I have gauges and could probably come up with a fuel tank sending unit but for the work it takes to drop the tank I would go new.
The oil pressure gauge has a sending unit on the top of the motor back by the distributor. The wire can get bumped and fall off or the sending unit or wire may be bad.
Come up with a list of what used parts you think you need and let me know and I will look. But I have a few of them with rusty bodies so I am sure I can find what you need. If you ever get near NW Vt. let me know and you can stop by. If we are going to talk too much commerce we might want to go to the classified section. I don't want to push the rules on sales in the discussion forum.
I will try to stop in and check this thread or you can PM me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks