• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

880 top speed

Whiterook

I'm hopefully picking up my 1st M880 this weekend!!!!!!!!! I would like to know what would be appox top speed on the highway with 4 10 gears???

THANKS!

Carter

The 20 series manual I have does not list a max speed in high range with the trans in D but I drove my 882 at 70mph on the NJTP, for about 1/2 hr before I had to slow down, with no problems.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They don't like anything over 70 much, and mine was stenciled 55 on the dash, the 890, (two wheel version) also had 55 max. speed limit stenciled in it. With good tires, they'll do 70 plus, just remember is "Norwegian Steam Steering" though.:sad:

Carter

Yes, it did need a lot of help, lots of leaks, rust, missing parts and bent sheet metal like the right front fender and right door as well as the tail gate.

It was good to see you and Mark yesterday Greg, thanks for asking me to go along on the inspection. :-D

Attachments