• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

884 axles

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Open front and rear. Dana 44 front, 60 rear. 4.09 gears in the front and 4.10s in the rear. Got an 884 ya want to get rid of?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
thinking about buying the 1008 & 884 that are sitting unused near me. 884 driveline may be what finances me getting/keeping the 1008

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of shape is the 884 in? Are you sure its an 884? That would be at the top of my list as far as the M880 family. Gezzum pics Son! I can offer this, the sale of a nice M884 will never cover the expense of getting the M1008. For being similar vehicles in a sense, they are at opposite ends of the price spectrum. On that note, I did talk to Byron at SECO. He has about 10 M880s in the back 40. I need to take a ride!.

mangus580

Kenny, if you poke around for threads BFR started.... there will be pics

lemme see if I can find it, will pm you, or hop in the motor pool

Elwenil

Ok here's a question, was there ever an M880 series Dodge that came with a Dana 60 front axle? I rememebr years ago there was a pic of a Dodge military truck in a 4x4 mag that had a D60 up front and some sort of god-awful front brush guard with D-rings and crap. I can't remember what sort of bed was on it, but the caption on the pic said it was a "maintenance truck" but it didn't look like the normal ones with a service body. It was all painted OD like it was just out of service, but it may have been home built. Just curious if it was actually a real truck or something someone whipped up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lanty, never happened. Every M880 had the 44. There were some similar trucks purchased by the GSA that had lockouts on 44s and a few 60f trucks too. Think they were a version of the snow commander but the 880s were all 44s.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Recovry,
It still has 884 stenciled on the bumper (don't know how accurate that is) it has some type of mounting framework in each corner of the bed that extends a few inches above the bed rails. From the oustide it looks OK, but I know you can see through the passenger floorboard.

Elwenil

Eh, that's easily fixed. Hell, half of the Dodge trucks I've ever owned needed the floor pans. It's not the amount of rust that matters so much. It costs about the same in time and money to fix a small hole as it does to replace the whole thing if you do it correctly. One of those with a shelter would be nice for camping. I'm still planning on putting a S250 in my M715.

Thanks for the info, Kenny. I knew it was too good to be true, lol.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Joel, if you get this truck, we will talk. I'm interested. Is that your M45 in the background? Tease me more, got a pic of the engine bay?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
the truck will be sold "sometime this spring". I don't know anything more specific than that right now. Yes that is my deuce in the background. I don't have any pics of the engine compartment, but was told (by someone I believe) that they were driven to where they now sit last year (all they had to do was jump them off)

Larry_R

Like already said, all of the M880 series trucks I have seen had d44's up front. But, I do have a 78 3/4 ton Air Force crewcab with a factory (option) d60 front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks