• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8in or bigger lift on a m1009

wilsonmotors

ok so i have lifted my m1009 with a 6in lift and 35x14.50 boggers and just broke my third rear axle so now im doing a 14ff and a d60. i have a set of 37x12.50 wrangler mt/r's for daily driving and want to get another set of boggers for the one tons. i have a 8in lift i was thinking of putting on it as the 35x14.50 on the 6in still rubbs a bit on the finders and i dont want to cut them. i am thinking about either the 8in or a 10in i wqas wondering if anyone has any pics of a 1009 with a 8in lift or a 10in lift and the tire size to run i really like the 14.50 to 16in width i like a fat tire look. maby someone can help with pics and info of witch lift torun either the 8in or 10in.

Skinny

I don't have any pictures but I can tell you that going that tall just to clear tires is going to start costing you a lot of money. Anything past 4 to 6 inches depending on the transmission length tyipcally maxes out the drivelines angle capability and length. Plus you should be getting into crossover steering as well. Just an FYI, the cost per inch of lift goes up drastically past that 4 to 6 inches.

Cucvnut

Just cut your fenders. Skinny is right. Google search for blazers or look on pirate or ck5 for 8 inch lifted blazers. I run 37's with a 5 inchlift.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
To have a wide tire like a 14.50 tread width, you're going to need lift to get them out of the wheel wells. Unless you want to remove almost all the fender and inner fender.

I've got hmmwv wheels and tires on mine with a 8" lift. No clearance issues at all. And no cutting.

Skinny

You could run something that large by running rear springs up front with minimal amounts of lift and cutting the sheetmetal under the front turn signal. It would require also trimming the front bumper or installing something custom. You would still need crossover steering and a longer front driveshaft. It is one of the only ways other than going sky high without hitting the rear portion of the fender.

wilsonmotors

i already have the x-over steering and was also wondering how anyones truck runs offroad with the 37's and 4.56's. i have a twin sticked 205 and dont do alot of highway driving but i do a little i was wondering if i should 4.56 or 4.88 to get some bottem end power to spin those big fat tires.

Cucvnut

Your weak link is just a 205 its low range is only 2:01 vs a 241 which is 2:72 or a 208 which is 2:65. 4:88 gears will help more on than the free way than 4:56 gears

CPAPPY

I have a 8" lift in the front and 6" in the rear iam running 11r 16 which are approx. 39" tall 11" wide w/o cutting fenders . Crossover steering is a must , it make steering much easier.
I didnt have to move axle . Good luck with you project and make sure you post those pictures. :grd:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks