• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9.00-20 singles question

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planning on singling out my truck with 11.00-20 XLs sometime next year.
Seeing I am replacing axle seals, I thought of flipping the hubs right away in order to avoid having to pull the hubs again when I get the new tires.

I do not need full cargo capacity at the moment and would just run stock 9.00-20 singles in the rear on flipped hubs.

Has anybody done that and is there a pic of what that looks like? I searched but could not find one.

I just want to make sure that I do not end up with a barf-inducing contraption that I have to stare at until I can get the bigger tires (although, perhaps, it would be a good motivator to get them asap).

Sephirothq

I think the M34 was singles. there should be picutres out there of what it will look like.
I have also seen trucks on gov liquidation everyone once and a while with singles and flipped hubs.
They look fine.

LanceRobson

The M34 had 11.00-20 singles and a wheel with less offset to give it a wider wheel track.

If you check the load rating on the 9.00-20, you should find that they will support the weight of a fully loaded M35 just fine. Flip away.

I've got single 11.00R20XLs and flipped hubs under my off road truck and wouldn't ever go back to NDTs. I like them so much I'm switching my dual rear wheel truck and trailers to XLs.

Lance

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the look of the 11.00-20 singles. I just was not sure about the smaller 9.00-20. The info puts my at ease. I was a little surprised regarding the load rating. Ok, so I will flip my hubs! :smile:

1stDeuce

I have my truck sitting on single 9.00's right now on stock wheels while it waits for me to mount up the 11.00's on M34/135 wheels... The bed looks really wide, but the truck looks OK otherwise. I think the M34 wheels look a little better with the additional offset, but it doesn't do much for the bed overhang... I need a narrower bed!! :) I'll shoot a pic tomorrow evening.
C

LanceRobson

I'll add this; when hauling firewood out of our wood lot, the single truck has less clearance issues. The trails were cleared for horses to haul logs, not machinery ,and unless I want to whack a whole lot of trees to open them up they'll stay pretty narrow. The dual truck is forever scrubbing the sidewalls on root and stumps.

Lance

5 ton monster

Check out BigCase here on SS, He has a M-35 with the flipped hubs and super singles on the stock rims and his truck looks Awesome, He's a great guy and would look forward to the opportunity to give his input.

chgofiveo

Check out BigCase here on SS, He has a M-35 with the flipped hubs and super singles on the stock rims and his truck looks Awesome, He's a great guy and would look forward to the opportunity to give his input.
Hey 5 Ton Monster (I feel silly calling you that)
Sorry to get off track, but was wondering if you truck was a 5 ton tractor befor it was bobbed? and does it have a cummings engine?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks