• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9.00-20 Tires?

Gypsyman

Back on the Deuce and I'm in need of tires. I was told that the Titan T-Hawk 373's are long since out of production. Is that correct and if so what are we going to for replacements? I'd like to stay with the Titan 373's if at all possible. Or are we stuck with Deestone D501's now? I've found two suppliers with 75%+ Titans but whose to say that they won't be cracking out in a year or two.

My MEP-004 has 4 new Titans on it but all I can find for code on those tires is a bar code with a 6 digit number under it. No DOT number anywhere that I can find. Generator went through a TEAD rebuild in 1990. Single digit hours since. Tires still had the nubs on them until the trip home. Is there any way to date these tires?

Richard

Sgt C

Where are you located? I'm in southern NH and have 5 or so with 100% tread or have never seen pavement. I have, or will have another 10 with approx 75% tread. These have been regrooved for better traction on wet or light snow covered roads. I'm in the process of changing over to G177's . Send me a PM if you're interested.

Gypsyman

I'm just about as far as I can get from you. Spokane WA. I've found a few here in the PNW but all of them have been as bad as what are on the truck. It looks like Feltz Tire still has them but the fact that they are stored outside in the Texas sun and heat concerns me.

Gypsyman

Kicking this one back up for input. Does anyone have any experience with the Deestone D501 NDT's? Do they run true to size? I'm just not finding anything on them other than a few old post on Jeep size tires on a couple of the Australian boards.

Big Tom

Back on the Deuce and I'm in need of tires. I was told that the Titan T-Hawk 373's are long since out of production. Is that correct and if so what are we going to for replacements? I'd like to stay with the Titan 373's if at all possible. Or are we stuck with Deestone D501's now? I've found two suppliers with 75%+ Titans but whose to say that they won't be cracking out in a year or two.

My MEP-004 has 4 new Titans on it but all I can find for code on those tires is a bar code with a 6 digit number under it. No DOT number anywhere that I can find. Generator went through a TEAD rebuild in 1990. Single digit hours since. Tires still had the nubs on them until the trip home. Is there any way to date these tires?

Richard
Got 11 T-hawks 9.00-20 from eastern surplus the were new takeoff in get shape also got 11 T-hawks 11.00-20 from TNJ Murry in del a few months ago for another Duce those bigger tires make that Duce a hole lot better
Big Tom

Gypsyman

One more time. Got a pile of Titan tires in a couple of weeks ago. What about tubes and flaps? Are the Korean made Premium Service tubes any good or is there a better choice? I'm not having much luck locally but I did find an online retailer with decent pricing on the Korean tubes and flaps.

IMG_7242.JPG

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think the Titan T-Hawk 373's were the last tires the military equipped the M35's with? I know I had a nearly new set on my first Deuce that rolled off Warner Robins, but that was gosh, 12+ years ago.

Gypsyman

I was lucky enough to find 20 T-Hawk 373's in new and like new condition. 17 on wheels, many of which are also new. UPS lost my tire bars so I had to reorder those. I just want to make sure that I'm covered on tubes and flaps. The local tire dealer orders tubes and flaps from Goodyear but, oddly enough, he couldn't guarantee what country of origin I would receive. Very odd. Hence the question about the Korean tubes and flaps.

TheQuaker

I was lucky enough to find 20 T-Hawk 373's in new and like new condition. 17 on wheels, many of which are also new. UPS lost my tire bars so I had to reorder those. I just want to make sure that I'm covered on tubes and flaps. The local tire dealer orders tubes and flaps from Goodyear but, oddly enough, he couldn't guarantee what country of origin I would receive. Very odd. Hence the question about the Korean tubes and flaps.
@Gypsyman

I've had no issues with South Korean-produced tubes and flaps. I don't think they are any better or worse than the Goodyear tubes from Brazil I've come across.

rustystud

One more time. Got a pile of Titan tires in a couple of weeks ago. What about tubes and flaps? Are the Korean made Premium Service tubes any good or is there a better choice? I'm not having much luck locally but I did find an online retailer with decent pricing on the Korean tubes and flaps.

View attachment 869655
First off, that is a great looking shop you have there !
Now about the tires. I buy tubes from a commercial supplier for over-the road trucks. Anyone that sells medium to large truck tires will sell 9:00 X 20 tires and tubes and flaps. You don't need "military" tubes or flaps, your just wasting your money. Just buy "heavy duty" tubes and flaps.
Go online and search. I've found over four major suppliers. I buy the cheapest ones as there really all the same quality anymore.

Gypsyman

Thanks Greg. Finally got to build my dream shop and now the county is taxing us right out of the property. With things the way they are we can't afford to leave (without taking a huge hit) and can't really afford to stay. Quite the conundrum.

I found flaps for $15 and tubes for $24 in quantity. Free shipping and no sales tax. That's $546.00 to my door for 14 of each.

IMG_6183.JPG

rustystud

Thanks Greg. Finally got to build my dream shop and now the county is taxing us right out of the property. With things the way they are we can't afford to leave (without taking a huge hit) and can't really afford to stay. Quite the conundrum.

I found flaps for $15 and tubes for $24 in quantity. Free shipping and no sales tax. That's $546.00 to my door for 14 of each.

View attachment 869864
That's a great price !
I'm in the same situation here with my new shop. Just finishing up with all the interior stuff before I bring in shelves and benches. Now the county is taxing us $1200.00 a month !
I can't go somewhere else and start over again. I'm too old now. My best friend wants to move to Montana, but he will never build another shop like he has right now either. So what do you do ? Just sit back and pay the extortion or leave ? Never thought it would get this bad in America.

Gypsyman

Last post as to not derail the thread entirely. Just got the new tax appraisal from Spokane County in the mail yesterday. They jumped us 35% in one year. Checked with the neighbors and some friends outside the city and they all get hit with roughly the same increase. Just insane and I know a few that won't be able to pay it.

rustystud

Last post as to not derail the thread entirely. Just got the new tax appraisal from Spokane County in the mail yesterday. They jumped us 35% in one year. Checked with the neighbors and some friends outside the city and they all get hit with roughly the same increase. Just insane and I know a few that won't be able to pay it.
This state sucks ! Montana is looking better every day !

DaneGer21

Same with Ohio; ours went roughly 23%. Our 20acres are making us pucker…

rustystud

Before I totally derail this thread, all I can say is this country needs to turn around soon ! We are going to tax ourselves right out of our nation. No one will be able to afford a home here !

Now getting back to the topic, I use "Coker Tires" a lot for things like tubes and flaps. There's a few other companies I use also, I just don't remember their names right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks