• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9.00 x 20 snow tread

saddamsnightmare

January 16th, 2010.

Coyotegray:

No. my originals were more like our ndt's and the newer ones kinda have the blocks closer togather and more square to the axis of the tires. I will say the new ones don't lack for traction in mud, but they ride kinda like "knobby" dirt bike tires on the road, you can feel just about very block contacting the road. I'll try to get a picture of my S404.114 to put on here, with the tires visible, as they are quite the tires. I would have liked to have gotten a set of the original Swiss NDT's, but none of the tire types would sell them for on road use because they didn't have the DOT stamp on them (Duh, they're Swiss tires, for the almighty;s sake!)!!!!!:evil:

The originals were disintegrating from dry rot, that is the only reason they got replaced, as the truck has just last week turned 30000KM since new in 1963, and I've run about 20000 of them since June 2007.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

emr

:-D...Booger U are my newest Hero ! I LOVE ndts and what u did is right up my ally too....Super sweet and worth every second for sure, they are a tire that is worth working, A proven tough down and dirty tire for sure, u just made it better, wow, i am not a snip fan of little cuts because after 40,000 miles i never saw the need , but they just even look so cool I would love to do it.....Nice Job...

emr

BKubu...Sorry I still call the current NDCC ... slang in my lingo.. NDT s ...but do recognise the difference and it is correct to advise of such...:-D

greenjeepster

I saw this a few weeks ago and had to laugh..... I though about taking my spare and doing this, shooting a video to put on here and then sit back and watch the Shatstorm ensue.:p

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwItiRI_iC0[/media]

Katch1

that tread pattern on a set of 1100-20s singled in the rear looks like what I may try on my deuce. Thanks for the idea, didn't feel like taking the plunge on a set of radials and modifying a set of rims.
If they don't live up to expectations I'll be out less money than if i didn't like the radials.
with an improved tread pattern and a higher ground pressure I should see an improvement in traction, for what I'm gonna be doing

that tread pattern on a set of 1100-20s singled in the rear looks like what I may try on my deuce. Thanks for the idea, didn't feel like taking the plunge on a set of radials and modifying a set of rims.
If they don't live up to expectations I'll be out less money than if i didn't like the radials.
with an improved tread pattern and a higher ground pressure I should see an improvement in traction, for what I'm gonna be doing
I went the radial route first. I wanted more diameter for clearance but the width of the tire made them worse, both climbing ability and side slip (in snow conditions) were terrible. If I could get a 48 inch tall, 9 inch wide tire, radial or not, I'd be all over it. I think my next purchase will be 11.00 X 20 NDCC's and groove them the same way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks