• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9/10/2011 - Breakfast in Eldersburg, Maryland

m816 someday

Thanks to Irene, we're posting this with the aid of the generator running out in the garage. Been without power since 4 am this morning. Anyway, back to the real reason for this post -- It was real nice seeing everyone last month and we hope that with school starting and everyone getting back into their routines, most of the gang will be able to stop by and visit this month. Anyone interested in getting together with other MV enthusiasts, meet us at 10 am Saturday, September 10, 2011 at the Bob Evans Restaurant located on Liberty Rd (Rt 26) just West of Sykesville Rd (Rt 32) - 1211 Liberty Road Eldersburg, MD 21784. If you are interested, please let me know, so I can arrange for enough seats at the restaurant.
Thanks, Robert

3rdmdqm

Due to all of the rain and flooding, I may have to bail out Saturday due to work. We'll see how the weather goes, but doesn't look like it's gonna get much better until Sunday.

Nonotagain

Hey guys, had to work this AM and got to Eldersburg about 10:45 and no one was there.
I thought I saw PHD's Camaro headed back on RT 32 but wasn't sure.
What happened to you folks?

m816 someday

Sorry we missed you -- we were there but in street vehicles -- no MVs :(. The PT Cruiser and Honda minivan were ours. Very small gathering - just 3rdmdqm (Dan) and us (Rob and Moe).

powerhouseduece

Hey guys, had to work this AM and got to Eldersburg about 10:45 and no one was there.
Nope, wasn't me. Mine is sitting out front of work.(at least I hope so!)

Might not be till this fall/winter that my schedule lines back up so I can go.

Nonotagain

Nope, wasn't me. Mine is sitting out front of work.(at least I hope so!)

Might not be till this fall/winter that my schedule lines back up so I can go.
No worries Matt, I'm sure the insured valve is more than the car is worth. :) After all it an old GM (as opposed to the new an improved Government Motors) that they want to walk away from the warranty on.

Talked with you dad last evening and might be coming down for a work visit in the next couple of weeks.

Keep making all the money you can while you're able too. Nothing wrong with being independently wealthy.

3rdmdqm

What were you driving? Were you in the jeep wearing the Desert Storm t-shirt and orioles hat? If so, I think we were sitting at the table right next to you. Sorry we missed you. I think we rolled out about 1145 or 1150.

Nonotagain

Driving a Volvo 855. I pulled into the lot, didn't see any trucks and pulled back out onto RT 32.
I thought of going inside, but decided that I may have missed those that showed up.
Looking at the responses for the thread, I knew it was going to be lightly attended.

Hope all enjoyed breakfast.