• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9 series cargo question

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
:ditto: What he said, but most that I have seen have a data plate on the inside of the drivers door that states it has lockers.

Triple C

I have 925, not sure what a locker is but if you mean a diff lock, (that allows for the front set of wheels to pull and not the back set unless they are engaged by the diff lock) nope - not mine anyway.

I have a usmc truck and it has detroit lockers in the rear 2 axles. They are engaged 100 percent of the time. When you go around a sharp corner on dirt you will see the inside tires spin and slip. If you truck does this you most likely have lockers. When driving on high traction surfaces (asphalt) you must go around corners coasting. This lets the lockers slip or have a lttle bit of give which will help save your tires. Going around a corner under power will chew up your tires quick. The front axle doesnt have a locker which means if a tire was off the ground in the front then there would be no power to the one on the ground. Just a little information about the lockers.

hankstrucks

Well guys, About lockers on a 9 series Do the axles have any numbers on it to say that it is or not. Would tractors have lockers and if not how would you take lockers from one axle to upgrade to the one that does not have it. So if a truck is bobbed I would think that a locking axle could be important So what do you guys think? Hank

TnD

I have no first hand experience with MVs yet, however I do have a lot of experience with lockers andin particular with the detroit. You should be able to order a brand new.locker for the rears through any good diff shop ( I can recommend Randy's Ring & Pinion). In light duty trucks the Detroit locker replaces the entire differential carrier. In the 2 1/2 application the locker replaces just the side and spider gears. I haven't seen the 5 ton setup, but it most likely follows the 2 1/2 ton setup.

With regards to it allowing "slip" if you coast through a corner...a Detroit doesn't slip. It is either on or off. When you coast around a corner the dog gears disengage completely.

ARB has also done a limited run of air lockers for the 2 1/2 ton Rockwells from time to time. I don't know if they have ever done the same for the 5ton, but may be worth a phone call..would be nice to have at least for the front.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks