• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 series

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: truck

That's a matter of opinion, jwalller. I have owned both and prefer the M939 series. There are not very many out there on GL and probably never will be. A lot of the ones that have been coming out lately have been picked apart before being released.

The 934 on White Owl used to be an expansible van truck. That's a lot of money for a cab and chassis.

55cameo, are you looking for a 923, 925, 927, or 928 cargo truck? Do you want a straight 939, A1 or A2? Do you want a runner or a project? How much money do you want to spend? I heard of a M928 project truck for sale in south GA while I was at Aberdeen.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Chris. The M939 series are head and shoulders above an M809, which is really just an M39 series truck that has had a few upgrades. Don't get me wrong, the M809 series trucks are cool and I like them a lot. I own several and have owned many more in the past. However, I would ALWAYS choose an M939 over an M809 any day of the week if they were in equal condition. The M939 series have their quirks for sure...don't use reverse in low range...but most of these trucks do to some extent. The only thing I like better about the M809 series is the fact that they are less complex (less complexity=less to go wrong=easier fixes). Drive both side by side and I bet most people would not want to go back to the M809 series. The M939 have a much more modern feel and I am not only talking about the Allison tranny. I know automatics are not for everyone. The cabs on the M939 series are more roomy and more weather resistant. The brakes are much better. Most guys don't like the M939 series trucks because they are so expensive. For that reason alone, I can see why people would choose an M809 over an M939. Heck, I've told people that the M809 is the best buy in military vehicles in my opinion. But, you get what you pay for...

emr

M series rule... :D ...as for the 900 I LOVE mine,I love climbing up in that big rig, and it is awesome, the trannys are stout, let it finish shifting before moveing out with low R's and it will last forever... but as for the 800 I LOVE that one too,There I love swinging that long hood around and that whine from the missmatched transmission, for me it is matched just right!!!... :D ...Randy

55Cameo

I was thinking about a 900 series for the automatic and the power. I don't know which one because I don't know the numbers for the 900's and what they are. Is there a good site to find out what each one is configured to?

Crash_AF

Best way to learn is to download the Operator's Manual TM from the Resources Tab on this site... the TM number is 9-2320-272-10

That manual will tell you what each truck is, its model number and how to use it.

Later,
Joe

emr

actually I have to recomend dave Doyles , standard catalog for that, it hands down is the best reference of what U seek ,and so much more..and a great way to compare other 5 tonners also... basically the 923 is a dropside with no winch ,924 fixed side no winch, a 925 is a dropside with winch,926 fixed side w/winch,927 long wheel base no winch,928 long wheel base w/winch,929 dump no/winch 930 dumpw/winch,931 tractor no winch,932 tractor w/winch,934 expandable vanw/winch,935expandable van no winch but has a lift gate 936wrecker front and rear winch,924 chassis for specialbodies long wheel base, 944 special bodies standard wheel base, until U get the bible , this should help... :D ..Randy

vinny-socom1

55cameo I'll sell you one of my XM818 5tons!!! I like the 900 & 800 series but as it was told the 800 are an easy fix and cheaper!!!! which is always good for a HOBBY budget!!! you could always add a turbo to the cummins for more power. Vinny

Monkeyboyarmy

I"ve got a 923A1 that is in N.E. Ohio.Its got the super single tires,ISO bed,new hard top,new vinyl cargo cover,has the controls,tank and pump for the hydraulic winch,Marine Corps truck with locking axles with about 10,000 miles on it. $18,000.I can send pictures.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like a nice one. I know some people don't like the lockers because they believe they are tough on the t-case, but I like them. I wish my M925A2s has lockers, but I don't think the A2s had lockers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks