• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

91 suburban springs

jdeoliveira74

I believe the fronts ARE the same.

and you can add a leaf or three, IF you can find a spare set and add them in
So they are the same as the blazer? so what your saying is get two sets and pull them apart and make my own. I have never rebuilt springs what kind of lift should I expect per leaf added?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that's a tough one - you just have to play with them - it will depend on how worn the springs you are using - how much lift you are trying for - there are a lot of variables - go slowly

MAKE THEM THE SAME on both sides

and if you have access to a sand blaster, knock off all that scale and rust and then give them a fresh coat of paint - then reassemble them into the size pack you have decided on and put them on the truck - the nice part is you could pull two SETS from a salvage yard, rebuild THOSE TWO SETS and once you are happy, then just SWAP your front spring off and away you go - you have a functioning CUCV until you are ready for the swap and it only cost you two sets of front springs, which should not be that much

and realize that what you see OFF the truck has zero relation to the actual lift you will get ON the truck, with the weight of the truck on the springs themselves

also, IF you do end up with extra leaf springs - they make the BEST BLADE WEAPONS EVER

that flat spring steel is excellent for making knives - you will need a forge (you can get a propane one fair cheaply used - in the $150 - $250ish range), something to pound the steel into the shapes you want like an anvil, but a lot of flat steel surfaces will do, a couple of five pound sledges, some other minor hand tools, a couple of buckets for water to quench your work in ... oh and it WILL beat your muscles twice as much as you beat that steel - but you cannot BUY the kind of knives you can make

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
73 - 91's?

yes perhaps earlier models, but I have owned several of these and they all have the same length rear springs - I believe they are 58" between spring perches - at least that's what I have found over twenty years of owning these silly beasts

but I could be wrong about that.

86m1028

73 - 91's?

yes perhaps earlier models, but I have owned several of these and they all have the same length rear springs - I believe they are 58" between spring perches - at least that's what I have found over twenty years of owning these silly beasts

but I could be wrong about that.

Yes 73-91's

52's & 56's were the lengths

If I remember right some 1/2 tons were 52's & 3/4 tons were 56's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks