• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915A1 air filter part # needed

SUPRDUD

I have searched and been sidetracked reading for an hour and a half..... and have not found what I am looking for.

On my 915A1 that has a depot reman with a Cummins BCIII at 400hp I cannot find a cross reference at NAPA for the inner air filter # of V250C127.

The outer big one V250C128 crossed to match one from a Versatile farm tractor so I have that covered and I have all of the other filter numbers matched from on my truck or here. On my engine the oil filter numbers are clocked up against the block but from reading on here, there seems to be one each of two part numbers.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your either going to have to take your old filter to a filter dealer to match it or buy one from a military parts dealer.

martinwcox

Check out this thread http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...-916-917-920-without-the-secondary-air-filter

Looks likes there is a John Deer that may work for you.

Martin.

UPDATE:

Found this for you, the first group of the two is I believe the Gage Code (Supplier Code) the second group is a part number for the vendor as in 12658 PA-2397 which is a (Baldwin Filter Inner)

FILTER ELEMENT, INTAKE AI.jpg

I have searched and been sidetracked reading for an hour and a half..... and have not found what I am looking for.

On my 915A1 that has a depot reman with a Cummins BCIII at 400hp I cannot find a cross reference at NAPA for the inner air filter # of V250C127.

The outer big one V250C128 crossed to match one from a Versatile farm tractor so I have that covered and I have all of the other filter numbers matched from on my truck or here. On my engine the oil filter numbers are clocked up against the block but from reading on here, there seems to be one each of two part numbers.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

SUPRDUD

Thanks for that link, that's one I had not found before. I will pull out an inner and run it by the JD dealer next time I go. I was just there this morning for a planter clinic and free lunch!

My inner ones look clean and new, as they should if the outers have not failed, but I want to freshen them up due to their old age and running on gravel roads and other dusty places.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have NOT been able to find an inner filter. I have been searching for 3 years now. Taken it to every equipment dealer in several major cities. No luck. I hope your search proves fruitful, so I can fianlly get one!

martinwcox

This looks like a winner, I have 2 new ones in the basement, will go compare the measurements:

BALDWIN FILTERS Air Filter,ElementInner,PA2397.jpg

And here's the military one:

V250C127.jpg

Outside Dia 7 3/8

Length 18 1/4

Last edited:

SUPRDUD

Looks close enough for horseshoes, hand grenades, dancing, and inner air filters!

Baldwin filters......made nearby in Kearney, Nebraska. Not too far from my house......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks