• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915a1 headlight switch

groundog

:driver:i have a 915a1---when i turn on dash lights and trailer lights all is fine---i pull the switch all the way out for headlights and the dash lights and trailer lghts go out but the headlights are on---does anyone know the part number for the headlight switch----thsanks

Bighurt

It's the same as the old jeeps, but they suck...

If your capable it's in your best interest to re-wire them to another switch of sorts.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm currently putting a 3 lever light switch in. As Bighurt said, the original SUCKS. Just not designed to carry all the lighting load through it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It's the same as the old jeeps, but they suck...

If your capable it's in your best interest to re-wire them to another switch of sorts.
I'm currently putting a 3 lever light switch in. As Bighurt said, the original SUCKS. Just not designed to carry all the lighting load through it.
On ZIGGYOs convoy, I had to wire around THREE of the FOUR 915 headlight switches, pulled bulbs till just the minimum needed, one switch got so hot (past smoke) it started to melt, things would get so hot so quick that there was smoke BEFORE the circuit breaker had time to trip. The big question is WHY in the HE11 would a fairly high dollar truck have a 5 cent headlight switch, instead of circuit dash switches.

Last edited:

Bighurt

instead of circuit dash switches.
That's my goal...however my WM mod is still working so I haven't touched it. With my collection it's best to follow if it's not broke don't fix it approach, at least with my current circumstances.