• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915a1 on the job (Deuce too)

cornrichard

Harvest is in full swing and so are the military trucks. We are hauling grain with the 915a1s and using a deuce for a contact maintenance truck. Dad runs the combine. My brother runs the weigh wagon/ grain cart. I drive the 2 915a1s. We unload on the go so the combine never stops moving. Then my brother fills the 915a1. I can unload 1 and get it back before the next is full. It is only about a mile from field to bin. Late this afternoon we flattened a tire on the back of the combine. We went to the shop and grabbed the deuce. Drove it out in the field and got the air line hooked to the emergency glad hand. Drove the flat tire up on a block and threw the air jack under the axle. Then we used the 3/4 inch impact wrench to pull the wheel. Threw the wheel in the back of the deuce and headed home. My brother and I walked the path the combine took on the way out of the field and found a busted off steel post the was the cause of the tire trauma. I love these MVs. I hope the stuff the army is replacing these with is awesome because us poor farmers cant get enough of the old stuff. Oh yeah, Bob the dog helps too. Pics below.

Attachments

blacktop_one

A big salute to you and all of the other farmers up there for all of your hard work producing grain for our foodstuffs (and ethanol, too!)! Go have some fun with your trucks when the harvest is done!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks