• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915A1 Turn Signals Not Working. Please Help if Possible.

SUPRDUD

I have been searching old posts and have not found what I need yet. This is a work truck and I've been busy helping my sick parents and am behind on my farm work and now both of my semi tractors have electrical gremlins.

One is at a repair shop. The other one that I'm working on tonight lost the turn and brake lights.

I have been using a voltage meter and have no power at all on any of the wires on the plastic plug that plugs into the turn signal switch on the steering column. I figured one of them, maybe the big red wires on one end of the plug, should be hot.

I do have 12V to one of the wires going to the turn signal blinker switch (Yellow Box on the bracket ahead of the column) and I have a new one of those to try too, but it made no difference.

Any good ideas so that I may get started on my corn harvest with blinkers? Thanks.

mdemars03

Check the power going to and from the 3 lever light switch. The turn signals feed through that. You could have a bad three lever light switch causing you problems.

SUPRDUD

Check the power going to and from the 3 lever light switch. The turn signals feed through that. You could have a bad three lever light switch causing you problems.
My 915A1 just has a push pull light switch with a rotary dash light dimmer. Do the flashers power up through this too?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If I remember correctly the switch for the M915 is a common one and is a available at NAPA. If that is your issue you can remove it and take it with you to match it up with what they have in stock. I think it crosses over to one that fits a civilian Jeep.

Artisan

The A1 is a totally different animal from my M916.

BUT, I believe I have an M915 schematic in the ARTISAN's M916 thread,
on page 1.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure the Blackout toggle switch is in the normal position.

The trouble shooting for the turn signals and stop lights are in TM 9-2320-283-20-1 and start at page 2-164.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks