• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915A1 VIN Help Needed Please

SUPRDUD

I had a new truck shipped in and while the title has all of the VIN digits, my door tag from a 2007 depot reman only shows the last 6 or so digits of the VIN. In order to get the title in my name, it has to be inspected. A deputy and I looked all over and on the frame and even called the national VIN locator hotline but the truck was not listed.

I have read the VIN sticky thread for another series of truck that shows a frame stamped VIN on the driver's side above the front axle centerline.

Should mine be in that location too? I have scrubbed with brake cleaner and a Scotch Brite pad but it won't cut through the paint. I'll have to buy some real paint remover to proceed in that area as I don't want to sand or wire wheel the area.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have them look it up under its makers name Am General Corp. The id plate is gone im guessing? 1 would be on the drivers door,2nd on dash.

Steve

SUPRDUD

I know I heard him say "AM General" over the phone, maybe adding "Corp." would help the search. The door ID plate is there, but the whole number is not stamped on it. I can't find a tag anywhere on the dash or in the cab so far.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see ok another way (at least here in ca) is CHP they have better locating info,might try your hiway patrol or what its called there.

Steve

SUPRDUD

I've read about how good the CA folks are at finding all of the hidden VIN stamps, all done behind closed doors. Very interesting work.

The deputy helping me is good, and is going to try to get a waiver for the other digits.

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's good because I just remembered the last 6 #'s are all that matter,(on all civilian units too) they are for that truck only the rest of them will be the same on all M915a1's.

SUPRDUD

My county is tight with the rules, as they should be. A few years ago the head of the county's title department got caught not paying taxes properly on her items. She should be in jail for all that she cheated on, especially in her trusted position, but she ended up not serving one day if I recall correctly. Since then the office is pretty strict under new leadership.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks