• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923 AM General oil pressure problem?

Hi guys!

Newbie here and want to say hi,

Ive got a 84 Am General 923 that Ive had for a couple years here in AZ. My oil pressure has been running about 90 psi for the last 800 miles (that ive noticed).

Recently did a full fluids change on her and found the oil filter on the cooler side had clear (read new) looking oil in it...

Upon draining the crankcase oil the oil looked like it had a million miles on it ( in reality only about 2000) but its the first oil change ive done since buying the truck

filled her back up with rotella 15-40 and now my oil press is pegged at 120 psi. I dont fancy blowing some seals, and ive spent all day searching the TMs

Can a newb get a little help here?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Gunzy

Buy a cheap mechanical guage and install to test actual oil press. I would do this first. I also think the oil filter by the cooler is for the trans.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

The filter on the right side is for the Trans. Your oil filter is on the left side at the bottom part of the motor, it is the canister type.
I think it would be a good idea to put a mechanical gauge on it. To make sure it is that high.

WOW, Do I feel stupid....:oops:

Obviously I have a lot to learn about these trucks!

Thanks a bunch for the replies, I will check the oil press via mech gage as suggested and get a filter.

Chris

KenaAuto

Welcome fellow newb. The oil sending unit is also on the left side of engine, below the fuel primer, on the block....I would check pressure there and if it's good, you would already have the faulty sender taken out.

BrushMaster Builder

One other test you can do is on the gauge. This test works for all electric gauges in the truck. Simply unhook the gauge and the needle should be all the way to the left. Ground the gauge out and the needle should jump all the way to the right. If it only goes half way or does not completly "peg out" then you have a faulty gauge. Gauge failure does not happen very often but always good to validate with test before spending time and money.......

Stein12501

I've had the same trouble on my A1. When it's cold at an idle it runs about 90 psi when its warm it run about 60. At high idle it runs close to 120. Put a mech. gauge on it and it confirmed the readings. I pulled the oil pump and cleaned the pressure relief seemed to work for about 6 hrs. run time then back to the high readings. To lazy to pull it again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks