• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923 batteries

Moparjason

Iv search other threads and can't get a comfermed answer. Iv just bought a m923 at auction. It has got dead batteries what size batteries do these have 4-6volt batteries what size so when I go get it I bring the right batteries.thanks

wsucougarx

Four 12 volt batteries. Your truck actually has brand new Hawkers batteries in there. I think they just need to be charged. Here is a pic of your truck's battery bank;-) Like I said, GL will help to jump your truck.
Thought I'd include a few more pics of your truck for you:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Moparjason

Ya will do from what mike said Coolant looked old(maybe head gasket) and possable check air breaks due to recent removal of dust covers. I think I'll ride the bike down there and check it out next week why they process my EUC form. As long as the snow melts :shock:

wsucougarx

Another possibility is "old" nasty coolant was left in the heater radiator. So when they put new coolant in, the old coolant got mixed in with the new? I don't see an oil film on top of the coolant. Thinking you may be OK. Man, that is one clean looking engine! Should have bid on your truck instead;-)

Bighurt

Black engine is probably a good sign, as most of the rebuild sites paint the engines black once rebuilt. I'd agree with Mike, I don't see an oil film. Defiantly would flush the system during the pmcs.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you slave the truck off and the batteries are stone dead you can kill the alternator.

Remove the dead batteries and you can start the truck with two high CCA batteries to get it home and then charge the batteries and put them back in.