• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923 hub bolts backing out

Draco-87

Changed out the hub seals on the 923 got new lock washers and torqued the bolts to TM specs. drove for about 40 miles and all the bolts were loose, re-torqued them again and drove for 20 miles and they were loose again! any idea's?:drool:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Changed out the hub seals on the 923 got new lock washers and torqued the bolts to TM specs. drove for about 40 miles and all the bolts were loose, re-torqued them again and drove for 20 miles and they were loose again! any idea's?:drool:
Bad bearing

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your using a dry gasket, correct?

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would pull it apart and do a good inspection of bearings and races. It could be that a spindle nut backed out too.

Draco-87

Update: my buddy checked out and replaced the hub seals on the old girl. good news is the hub bearings were in top shape! after looking at prices on the bearings I'm relieved there still good!:naner:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What did he find, that was causing the bolts to loosen?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks