• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923A1 .. Going turbo next week...

jarhead1086

I pulled two sets of manifolds today and they both had issues. One had a crack on the center section and the other set looked great until I separated them and noticed it had sealing rings on the male ends and the female ends were sleeve repaired. I heard this was only done for a few years and I can see why. The center divider was eroded and looked like a sure way to toast a new turbo with chunks. The forward section also cracked off a big chunk initiating from the ring groove. I am thinking about going with a new aftermarket set to avoid all the worries and hassles . Its hard to find good take off parts around here. I hope everyone else has an easier time finding good parts. I did take the crossover section. I think I can plug the original intake with a machined plate and machine a riser and bolt this one on in the center of the original intake manifold. I could use the intercooler, but its big and probably unnecessary. My intake manifold needs removed to machine and tap it for the cross over anyway. What's the vote on needing an intercooler?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks