• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923a2 Dash Warning Lights Inoperable? Any ideas?

JamesH

Anyone have an idea why all the warning lights on 923a2 would be inoperable? Where do you think I should start looking?

Thanks,

James

Andrmorr

Please make sure you come back and tell us what you found...it will help the next guy trying to do a search before asking for help...it's frustrating to do a search, find 8 threads about a certain problem, read thru 11 pages of post, and the original poster did not come back and do a write up on what the problem turned out to be...Good luck on the hunt!

dawico

Anyone have an idea why all the warning lights on 923a2 would be inoperable? Where do you think I should start looking?

Thanks,

James
You are talking about the three to the left of the steering column correct? Parking brake, low air, and override right?

If so, do your high beam and front axle lock lights work?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the blue high beam indicator work?

If it does and nothing else lights, I suspect your fail safe warning module is not connected or a bad module. Many times they are dis connected to cancel the annoying buzzing that won't go off.

JamesH

Please make sure you come back and tell us what you found...it will help the next guy trying to do a search before asking for help...it's frustrating to do a search, find 8 threads about a certain problem, read thru 11 pages of post, and the original poster did not come back and do a write up on what the problem turned out to be...Good luck on the hunt!
Thanks guys, I'm picking up the truck in Barstow Monday morning.... I'll let you know what I find!

James

tbar123

My M923 had the turn signal switch replaced somewhere in time, and the new switch is pretty difficult to manipulate to the proper position. It's a (most times) 2 handed job.

JamesH

Well it turns out that the spring break light works fine, the low air light is dim and the parking brake light bulb is missing :) We got her home today with only a few minor issues along the way....I will post up the details in a new thread. The TM's definitely saved me a big tow bill :)

James

datadawg

My M923 had the turn signal switch replaced somewhere in time, and the new switch is pretty difficult to manipulate to the proper position. It's a (most times) 2 handed job.
My turn signal will not "cancel" or return to neutral position. I always thought it was an army thing. Is that normal??

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My turn signal will not "cancel" or return to neutral position. I always thought it was an army thing. Is that normal??
Yes, The older switches either style do not self cancel. The black plastic ones in a hmmvw do self cancel as they have the additional cam action. Might be also in the newer trucks?

tbar123

All older switches don't self cancel. My first semi that has self cancelling turn signals is a 2013 Freightliner. I was very happy when I found that out.I drove a 2010 for 2 years that didn't. I didn't think it was SO hard to put such an easy convenience into a big truck!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks