• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923a2 Recovery from Indy

bigbird1

I should have known not to bid on something in January. I won a 923a2 out of Indy (missing rear drive shaft but runs and drives on the front) and set up a time on Friday to pick it up, the temp was right at -3 when we left. With a quick stop by the Flying J for some diesel 911 we arrived a few minuets late, Shannon says it will run but when the slave cable is pulled it dies!!!!! I thought great, but maybe it will make it back the 100 miles. We pulled the cable and it stayed running, crawled under the truck to look at the missing drive shaft. solder A took out two caps and removed the back half and let the front flop around, so we put it back with some fresh grease. I then drove it around the lot and it made it 100 feet and died. With another slave cable jump we were off, this time it made it three blocks the horn starts to blow and I pull over and it dies, I had and generator and battery charger so I thought no big deal, but that did nothing. They must have been frozen, so off to the Interstate dealer. Now with wallet a little lighter we got two batteries, put them in and hit the switch, and nothing!!! We took and wired back the shutoff lever on the pump and jumped the starter solenoid and we were off . She ran great through the 35mph blowing snow down I65, even saw a mustang slide off the road going the other way. The ceramic heater in the cab worked ok, but two would have been better. Winter Recoveries sure have challenges

RodUSMC1962

CBVET an I bought our first deuce in Minn. and drove it back 900 miles to Indiana Thanksgiving week end about seven years ago. No major problems, lot of rain and ice , duct taping windows , winshield and all cracks. We were in our low 60`s then wouldn`t want to do it now. :beer:

bigbird1

CBVET an I bought our first deuce in Minn. and drove it back 900 miles to Indiana Thanksgiving week end about seven years ago. No major problems, lot of rain and ice , duct taping windows , winshield and all cracks. We were in our low 60`s then wouldn`t want to do it now. :beer:

Funny how you live and learn , hopefully these will be the things we talk about when we are old and in the nursing home!!!!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Temps or ages?!?!?!?!?

HAHA, I bet I know!!!!!!

RodUSMC1962

Temps in mid twenties,low thirties, age sixties. We were wearing camo, lots of strange looks. People must have thought those Guard guys are getting older all the time. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks