• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

925A2 ctis problems/hub air seals

Tommy Frantz

Guys,

I'm having ctis issues on my 925a2, and I suspect the problem is the hub air seals. Last time I drove the truck, it sounded like they were 'squeaking'. Is it possible to pull the air seals and grease them, or do they just have to be replaced? Are they hard to get at? Next good rain we get here that keeps me inside, I'll do some pawing through the tm's to find some info...

Thanks
Tommy

900 series junkie

Ddmk18

I just changed a set in my one rear axle. Not hard to do and the parts aren't that hard to get I have a bunch of seals for them. Mine was blowing gear oil out of my ctis valve on the wheel so I knew for sure it was bad.

Army Ed

Just make sure the seals are the correct ones, front and rear, facing the correct way and seat in nicely. At our shop those were replaced every year during services

Tommy Frantz

On what page is the procedure for changing the hub seals? I've been pawing through the tm's, but haven't found anything. I assume it involves removing the wheel/tire and then disassembling the hub itself. Do I need to remove the hub, too? Also, I was thinking of doing all three axles; how different is the front from the back?

Thanks for the help!!

Tommy
M923A2
M925A2
Maybe another M923 on the way…I have an aggravated case of TSD---"truck hoarder's disease"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks