• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

925A2 New Paint, Thanks WildChild467 !!!

74M35A2

SS member WildChild467 painted my 925A2. Guess giving him that commercial grade pressure washer paid off! Thanks bro...

Last edited by a moderator:

74M35A2

WildChild467's Work

WildChild467 is an M35A2 member, but he took it upon himself to paint my 925A2 for me. All I did was drop it off at his house. Just wanted to show off his work and give a shout out to his abilities and fabulous job. You guys are lucky to have him in your dugout. Thanks bud. 2 Diablo's and a Doctor Pepper....

Attachments

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, I did it all frame on. Just takes time to get detail work. Anybody can paint one but it depends how much detail you want to do and how nice you want it.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WildChild467 is an M35A2 member, but he took it upon himself to paint my 925A2 for me. All I did was drop it off at his house. Just wanted to show off his work and give a shout out to his abilities and fabulous job. You guys are lucky to have him in your dugout. Thanks bud. 2 Diablo's and a Doctor Pepper....
Thanks bud, you deserve it. If you don't take a second glance back to look at your truck when you park it in a parking lot, you bought the wrong truck. Glad you like it :)

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks pretty dang good. Even with out a tear down for paint, I bet he did a lot of masking. The prep work/ clean up is what seems to take the most time for me.
Masking off the glass makes things easier. Other than that, not much else. Ok, stuff like the slave cable port/cap, solar battery charger, light lenses, etc. Head lights are so easy to remove it just easier taking them out and putting tape over the ends of the wires. You are right though, paint is somewhat easier but prep work takes all the time. Thank you for the compliments. I was really happy to paint it for my buddy. He deserves it for all of the nice things he has done for me so I took extra extra detail on stuff and made it right. :)

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rembrant [aka] Wildchild , really nice work

What paint did you use behr ?
Thank you for the compliments. The most important thing is prep work. A good pressure wash and then grinding away flaking paint and taking a DA sander to all the flat surfaces helps exfoliate the oxidized paint and helps the new stuff attach. I used Rapco 383 Green, then painted 383 brown and then 911 black. I used xylene to thin the paint in a ratio of 4:1.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job!! Looks good. What brand of paint did he use?
Also like you receiver hitch in the back.

DevRev

WildChild467's Work

that's really nice bet you'll have a hard time finding where you parked it

74M35A2

WildChild467 said he is open to painting anybody's truck for $950 plus paint, if brought to his place. I think that is a tremendous deal. I would have paid that had I not known him. Anybody interested should get a hold of him. He said 2.5T or 5T same price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks