• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

925A2 won't start after sitting overnight

frogman2

My 925A2 will intermittently start after it has set overnight but once it cranks it is fine the rest of the day only after extended or overnight down time does it act up,you can hear a faint click at the black box when you engage the battery switch,what are the symptoms of a failing black box for the ignition?Anybody have one from a partout?Also looking for a camo hardtop and new windshields with frames.

frogman2

It has new batteries and cranks fine once it has been initially cranked,the problem is in the cab with either the battery connect switch but more likely the black ignition control box.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The battery switch just energizes a relay in the control box. They do go bad. Several members are parting vehicles in the classifieds that's a good start. You could also try giving it a good whack with a wrench sometimes that helps.

builderboy

any idea on the temp outside as to when it starts?? mine won't start if its 42 or below without being plugged in... and I don't use either at this point.. always starts at 44.. all day long.

Just an idea

frogman2

I am fairly sure it is in the control box as the starter switch will do nothing until,said relay decides to engage/energize.It is totally random as to if/when it will not respond,but once it does it is fine untilit has not been cranked for an extended period of time.Don't really see a need for a seperate control box with a battery switch and a seperate ignition/starter switch,maybe eliminating it would be a viable option.Is the control box user servicable or is it sealed?

Definately not a weather issue,this is Florida we don't know what cold weather is.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It is a sealed unit. There are 2 relays inside the contacts go bad over time. Buy a new one and install it. This is the easiest way to go.