• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

929 tranfer case oil level

8543BOB

GOOD MORNING, I have had a M 37 for about 5 years, I just got into the BIG BOYS, I just took possession of a 1985 929 dump truck, 12,000 miles; its in really nice shape. looks like its been inside all its life. I went through the TM's checked all the fluid levels, all appear fine. The TM regarding the transfer case states the amount of oil it takes, I did not see a reference on how to ck to see if its got enough oil. I removed the upper plug and I did not get any oil dripping out. The M 37 oil drips out when the plug is removed. Should I add oil to the transfer case??
THANKS
BOB

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got my M931 and have trying to get too know the TM's. As I was under the truck I did notice what looks like the transfer case does not hold much oil but looks like it has a sump pump that lubes her up. I think the more oil you carrie the better so if it was me fill it till it runs out fill plug.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The theory is if you can stick your finger in the fill hole and touch the oil, you are OK. I fill mine until it is level with the fill hole.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not think you can put your finger into the transfer case, just look and see if you can see it. It is very hard to see, There is a gear in the way and very close to the opening.
I like to see it about a 1/2" down or up to the opening.