• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

931 thermostat part number needed.

colelkhunter

So over the last couple days I have been noticing the temp on my 931 creeping up to the 200 range. Today i decided to check out the thermostat. Tore open the housing to reveal NO THERMOSTAT......well i guess that is the problem. Anyone got a part number for this bad boy and for the gasket?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not download the TMs for your truck?

If you looked at TM 9-2320-272-24P, you can easily identify the part and the part number(201737). The part number is a Cummins part number. Google it with the word thermostat, and you will know all there is to know.

Same for the gasket.

groundog

:beer:if you go to a cummins supplier make sure to take the serial number of the engine----i had the thermostat in my hand but the guy still wanted the serial number----some guys will help you out but others wont---i left that place ---went directly to a cummins shop and he got me the parts without the serial number

colelkhunter

Got the thermostat installed today. Made zero difference. drove it for a little bit to circulate everything and heated right up to 220-240. I am starting to wonder if the gauge or sending unit is bad. No coolant puking out of the tube, hoses don't feel that hot. Oh well, guess the search continues.