• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

931a2 air pressure

Desertshark

So last week I was lucky enough for my fuel shut off solenoid to go out. Well new part cam in and kinda running. My new issue today is the air pressure... for some reason it is building crazy pressure close to 150 psi so shut it down and drained tanks. Anyone have idea what decided to go out now and won't let pressure regulate properly ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's freezing there and you have not propperly maintained your air system(including the dryer)it may be your PPV, search it.

Desertshark

Desert southwest don't see a lot of freezing weather. It has warmed up a lot lately. I have replaced air dryer last year. Don't know if it will help but I do have horn and wipers . So thinking I may need a air dryer service kit.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does your expello valve seem to be working? They do clog up.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's under the bottom of the air drier, it's where the water comes out.

A search for expello should help.

Jericho

PPV is a good suggestion from Dog Head, fixed mine . if your getting water from the drains you need to get the system " dry" and drain daily, do a air drier service, check all your valves for operation and don't be surprised to find some inop, they will be clogged with exfoliated grunge, still working thru them on my M 931A2 Search hi and low before you buy parts , prices vary WIDELY , ppv valve from 24$ to 200plus$ Too check the air drier heating element simply hold your hand NEAR it after you start the truck it ,you will feel the heat. , filter change is straight forward as well as the element change

Desertshark

Well I found a ppv for 18 bux and ordered it will also order a dq6036 filter service kit... maybe next week when parts are in I will have better up date.

74M35A2

Doesn't the governor control air pressure? Maybe if I read the TM I would know better.....

They are cheap and easy to replace. Throw one of those at it too. NAPA sells 2 versions, one is better sealed than the other against external elements, but both same functionally. Control valve in compressor head could be lunched also, less common, but it has happened to a few here, in addition.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'll notice that your air system will behave much better after the air dryer service. Be sure to follow the recommended service interval for it as well. Some members have swapped the stock air dryer for the upgraded MRAP style with good results; "SEARCH" is your friend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks