• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

931A2 not starting after filter change

Earth

Changed the oil and all the filters. Truck started up after fuel filter changes. Ran for a minute or so and I shut it down. Finished service. Went to start it up and it cut out. Checked for leaks/proper filter seating. Okay there. It gets fuel at the IP on the line from the primer pump (at the banjo). sprays out when you pump. It doesn't get any at the injector nuts when you crack while cranking. It doesn't get any at the bleeder nut at the back of the injection pump either. Is she being stubborn or did I do something ? The solenoid is quite warm, but it is holding back like it should. Truck has always started even when cold.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would just try to keep priming it tell you get some out the bleeder at the back of the pump.
Or you could of got some dirt up into the pump, hope not.

Earth

Always easy on the starter. I tried helping it along with some ether too. It fires and quits. Hope I'm using the correct bleeder: Its 11/16, definitely a bleeder screw, and is right at the rear of the IP?

Earth

Passenger side is up near the block. Is it the one right behind, on the back, behind the 6 injector nuts/lines? Has a center screw that would need an offset screw driver?

Earth

Thanks so much. That did it. My bad for not looking it up to begin with. I do know better than to try and make it up. Its a 10mm bleeder screw and all it took was a little turn to let the air out and off she went!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks