• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

932a1 5 ton wheel o-ring size ??

swede69

i have a rim with 3/4 through bolts, what size o-rings worked for you?looks like there are three different sizes to use.i just bought a commercial #or220tg 1/4" dia. and appears to be correct length. the one that was in there was smaller and did not seal, i found alot of black rtv around the rim.need some facts on this subject. thanks i may try to 'roll my own" from mcmaster carr industrial supply man they got it.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the wheel with the the 3/4" wheel bolts then the 220tg should work for you.
You just have to make sure the wheel is clean and free of rust and put some silicone grease on the o-ring.
I think the stock o-ring for the 3/4" wheels is like a 5mm o-ring.

Artisan

Thank you and please be sure to give us a full install report when you actually use one !

I am sure MANY guys on this list will be very grateful for your research should this
prove to be the correct part for the M939A1 Series of trucks...

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the wheels with the 5/8" bolts then you need to use a o-ring that is a little bigger, I think around 3/8".
There is a place here in Phoenix that sells the right o-rings for the two wheels and I think they run around $4.50ea.
If anyone needs any I will be happy to pick them up for you and ship them.
Any tire supply house in your city should have the o-rings.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If you have the wheels with the 5/8" bolts then you need to use a o-ring that is a little bigger, I think around 8mm.
There is a place here in Phoenix that sells the right o-rings for the two wheels and I think they run around $4.50ea.
If anyone needs any I will be happy to pick them up for you and ship them.
Any tire supply house in your city should have the o-rings.
I will PM you.

swede69

update on o-ring usage. it worked,i used a little silicone grease to lube it put it in place and torqued the rim per specs.she held air like a champ.the o-ring that came off was about 3/16 dia. at its biggest but very deformed.so with a clean rim and a slick o-ring it will work.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just thought I would update this thread with news that Gempler's OR220 O rings are on back order until 9/15/2015 approx. I am ordering from a few other companies and will let you guys know what they have in stock.