• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

932A1 seat upgrade

jw4x4

During my first highway drive to Marengo, (approx 200 miles) I decided that the seat had to be upgraded. I bought 2 HMMWV seats @ the swap meet that day. Only the driver's seat had a base. It is not a springer, but the seat bottom is a suspension seat. I then acquired an air seat base, which I planned on putting the HMMWV seats on, but that combo was way too high. So that led me to using the stock 932 seat base. I removed the coil spring and replaced it with the air bag. Had to make a couple of mods to mount the air bag and the seat, but it worked out great. This is very comfortable and I love it.

Attachments

jw4x4

Used a Bostrom bag. Welded pieces of flat bar stock with holes drilled to accomodate the bolt on one end of the bag and the air inlet on the other end.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guessing you can adjust the height with the bag? Looks high in the pics. I particularly love the handgun vault under the seat. Be nice with a locking door too.

jw4x4

Yes, the height can be adjusted. It did add a couple of inches in height, but still plenty of headroom and better visibility. I considered a locking door, but it might draw attention and curiousity

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The passenger seat in those kits will mount on to a springer base, you just have to drill 4 holes in the plate that comes with it. It also takes a lot of the elevation out of it.

Attachments

LanceRobson

I'm not familiar with the spring base in the M939 series but in an M44/M809 cab the spring base with an M1009 bucket seat give me a few more inches of headroom and about 3" more lap and leg room in addition to being pretty comfortable. (6'4", 230#)

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks