• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939 Protective Control Box source

Crash_AF

I did some NSN searching on Google and came up with a good supplier hit for the 939 control box, I purchased one for my 936A2 wrecker and it works flawlessly so far... I can't test the voltage regulator yet since I haven't gotten it started.

Southern Automotive Wholesalers Inc
http://www.southernautomotive.com
248-335-5555

I talked to Tom Tyson (tom@southernautomotive.com) and ordered the box from them (NSN: 6110-01-444-2546) brand new for $149.55 plus shipping.

They also make most of the rotary switches for that truck as well.

The only thing I noticed about the box is that it's completely sealed, no pipe plug like the older ones. Other than that, it hooked right up and for the first time since I bought it, the battery and run switches do something... :)

Later,
Joe

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, how are they different? According to the wiring diagram, the pinout is the same for both, except "E" on the 939 series first goes through a Neutral Safety switch before it gets to the ignition switch (wire number 499-498 instead of #14 for the m809 series. ..

Joe, how is the connector sealed, rubber gasket?

Last edited:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know the truth of this...but this is what John Winslow told me. The control box on an M939A2 will work on an M809, but not the reverse. I never tried it so I am not sure. This is definitely what I heard from John.

Crash_AF

I will have to look again as I didn't look that closely into it, but I believe you are correct, it's a standard cannon plug with a rubber gasket between the body and plug shell.

Later,
Joe

MotorTMan

Gentlemen,

The 939 series box will indeed work on an 809 series. I can tell you from experience. I bought one a fewyears ago for my M813 and it works flawlessly. Just plug it right up. As said before, a 809 series box will NOT work for a 939 series.

Russ

twisted60

I just sent an email to Southernautomotive asking about the control box, I'll post the answer when I get it, as this tread is from '09 it's time to add some new info.

LotharTX

@Twisted60, I'm guessing you never received a response...

I purchased one last year through Erik's Military Surplus and it recently shorted out, but considering that's what was wrong with the one last year I think its my truck and not the box. The control box had www.southernautomotive.com on its sticker. I tried contacting them from their website information and never received a response either, but I called them and was told to order it from their ebay store. They are listed on ebay as Southern Automotive Wholesalers and the control boxes are listed for $275 plus $12 shipping. I also checked Erik's website and he currently has them in stock for $250 plus shipping.

hope this helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks