• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

970 Miles, Minnesota to Colorado in an M923a2 pulling my truck

DcDuqueMuerto

I actually did this trip in April. I've just been busy.

I drove my Dodge out to the base to pick her up, and towed the Dodge home with the 5 ton. It was a **** of a trip, slow, but a total blast. Got lots of looks going through the little towns at around 60 feet long. But, it was fun. I never checked gas mileage, but after $1k, you quit wanting to :???:

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

DcDuqueMuerto

Yeah, I went against everyones advice on that. Also, I HAD to leave two days after I got back for a 4k road trip up the West coast on my motorcycle. Both trips were solo. No issues on either.

Maybe I just have built up good karma.

swede69

you gotta love a road trip!!!i drove my 932a1 from sparta Wisconsin to winston salem nc. i am a changed man from that drive.no issues in route and had a few ss contacts in case of problems.

olewhiskey

Thanks for the pics. Its a real adventure to pick up an untested truck from a base, liquidation center or private party and drive it away and into the unknown.