• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

970 Miles, Minnesota to Colorado in an M923a2 pulling my truck

DcDuqueMuerto

I actually did this trip in April. I've just been busy.

I drove my Dodge out to the base to pick her up, and towed the Dodge home with the 5 ton. It was a **** of a trip, slow, but a total blast. Got lots of looks going through the little towns at around 60 feet long. But, it was fun. I never checked gas mileage, but after $1k, you quit wanting to :???:

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

DcDuqueMuerto

Yeah, I went against everyones advice on that. Also, I HAD to leave two days after I got back for a 4k road trip up the West coast on my motorcycle. Both trips were solo. No issues on either.

Maybe I just have built up good karma.

swede69

you gotta love a road trip!!!i drove my 932a1 from sparta Wisconsin to winston salem nc. i am a changed man from that drive.no issues in route and had a few ss contacts in case of problems.

olewhiskey

Thanks for the pics. Its a real adventure to pick up an untested truck from a base, liquidation center or private party and drive it away and into the unknown.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks