• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

9x20 tubes on 395 80 20

Adrian A

Will this work with a m35a2 split rim? I want to put Michelin 395 80 r20 tires on stock split wheels with the 9x20 tubes. I cant find an answer with search on my phone.

mactiredearg

No. Absolutely not. NO.

When I switched from 9.00s to 11.00s someone at the tire shop stuck 9.00 tubes in some of the tires since he remembered those coming out. Week and a half later TWO tubes had split with full air loss while driving around on improved roads. No offroading, no curb jumping, absolutely no load at all.

Shop manager was p'od but did the right thing and pulled all the other 11.00s off the truck and replaced the split tubes plus two others that hadn't split yet.

You might get away with it, but personally I won't ever run without the correct sized tubes. I carry my girls all the time in the truck and new tubes are well worth it.

searls84

I run 13.00x20 tubes with my stock wheels on 395s. Tried 11.00 x20s first but had 3 tubes let go in 2 weeks. Be safe and spend the little extra money to get the correct (or fairly close) size.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, lots of people have used the wrong size tubes, but you will save yourself time and money(and effort!) to use the right stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks