• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A-2 bumper and tire carrier install question?

MarkyMark931

Does anyone on here have a list of bolt sizes, lengths and how many I'm going to need? I'm installing bumper, tire carrier, and the mudflap kit.
Also any tips or tricks on doing this by my self?

Thanks

1989 M998 restoration

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Parts TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 Shows what you need for the bumper, didn't really look for the tire carrier. pages 686 through 689 Tip#1 don't drop the bumper on your head, feet, hands ect :)

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DO NOT TIGHEN BOLTS UNTILL ALL ARE INSTALLED!!. You will need to be able to push and pull to get all the bolt holes to line up. Also you will need to be able to push one side or the other up or down to make the bumper align/square with the bottom of the tailgate. Other wise it may look crooked.

Onetrackmind

I just finished installing an air lift bumper and brush guard. Here is the hardware list that I compiled from the -24p (s).

Hardware

Air Lift Bumper
2-1/2x3 3/4 ✔
8-1/2x4 1/4✔
12-1/2x3 ✔
4-1/2x3 1/4✔
2-5/8x5 1/2✔

26-1/2 nylock nuts✔
52-1/2 washers✔
2- 5/8 nylock✔
4-5/8 washers ✔

Brush Guard
2-5/8x2✔
4-5/8x1 3/4✔
4-1/2x2 1/4✔

6-5/8 nylock✔
12-5/8 washers ✔
4-1/2 nylock ✔
8-1/2 washers ✔

6-1/4x1 ✔
6-1/4 nylock ✔
12-1/4 washers ✔

One point I would add is that the -24p calls for twelve 1/2”x3” bolts. For me, 3” was too short to catch any nylon on the nylock nuts for the bracket bolts. I suggest 3.5” for you bracket bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action

…….One point I would add is that the -24p calls for twelve 1/2”x3” bolts. For me, 3” was too short to catch any nylon on the nylock nuts for the bracket bolts. I suggest 3.5” for you bracket bolts.

That is because the military normally uses a thinner locknut without the nylon in it.

Onetrackmind

Oh well...live and learn. These nylocks were the only grade 8 self locking nuts I had access to locally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks