• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A and B pillar reinforcement for armored doors?

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

After searching all of the parts TM's, I am unable to locate any diagram that shows reinforcement on the body side for piano style hinges. Can someone point me in the right direction in the TM (body side reinforcement) to mount heavy doors, share some pictures, or a source for parts. I found an a pillar kit online (pic below) but no idea if its even what I need or if the holes will align. The doors are going on an 1152. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

TOM R

After searching all of the parts TM's, I am unable to locate any diagram that shows reinforcement on the body side for piano style hinges. Can someone point me in the right direction in the TM (body side reinforcement) to mount heavy doors, share some pictures, or a source for parts. I found an a pillar kit online (pic below) but no idea if its even what I need or if the holes will align. The doors are going on an 1152. Thanks
ive seen these for sale in the facebook groups for the heavy doors if todd hergott or greg alley are on here they would be a start to ask

Action

I dont know if your door hinge holes line up, but those 2 skinny green pieces are pretty much just spacers. Inside armor fits over them, and then you will need armor on the outside. Those doors are flat. The side of the HMMWV is not. Probably need spacers between door hinge and body, too.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
feel free to call the shop…Armoring HMMWV’s is something we’ve been doing for many years.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

These doors have the bend and fit perfectly. I plan on fabricating inside channel blocks with bungs unless I find something already built. The above pictured spacers appear to me that all of the notches are to clear the rivet pattern on the inside? I may buy those and mod them if necessary with plate steel and bungs.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These doors have the bend and fit perfectly. I plan on fabricating inside channel blocks with bungs unless I find something already built. The above pictured spacers appear to me that all of the notches are to clear the rivet pattern on the inside? I may buy those and mod them if necessary with plate steel and bungs.
there are numerous armored door types, up until the later doors did they all use the same hinge bolt pattern. Most doors are flat to allow for the perimeter armor, early stuff had the contour like regular x-doors but were different hinges and bolt patterns, so you can’t use the current issue reinforcement backing supports.
Post a pic of the doors you have

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I went ahead and ordered the above pictured stiffeners for nothing else than to get the interior rivet pattern. I may end up drilling the hinges to fit the old pattern if it's off. I have all the parts except glass and b pillar reinforcement to complete these doors now.
that’s part of the MAK…Marine Armor Kit
i just sold all my MAK hinges, There are 2 PN’s for the Hinges.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The silver hinge side that goes to the body is the side with all the slotted holes

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is exactly what I was looking for so Thanks! Is that just a spacer for the b pillar so bolts can run through without crushing or is threaded? Any idea the NSN or where I can get two? Thanks again
had to have them reproduced, impossible to order darn near. They are inserts into the B-pillar lower post and riveted in.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

More of a spacer. It fits in the skinny part of b-pillar that makes the door jamb to stop it from crushing.

post #1 mentioned an m1152 but shows an m1151 dataplate. Either way, you may already have the skinny b-pillar spacers.
More of a spacer. It fits in the skinny part of b-pillar that makes the door jamb to stop it from crushing.

post #1 mentioned an m1152 but shows an m1151 dataplate. Either way, you may already have the skinny b-pillar spacers.
The 1151 picture was from the web of the part I need for a M1152. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks