• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C for M1009

CycleJay

Hi all,

Can someone tell me if it is possible to install some form of A/C
in an M1009 Chevy Military Blazer?

Also, if it is possible, where would I find the parts,
and approximately how much would it cost?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

CJ

1986Blazerk5

Some people have done this, but it's not cheap somewhere around $1,200 if you install it yourself, if you have someone else install it you have to add labor. ODIron has them, do a search on google and they will be sites

BIG_RED

If you're knowledgeable and handy, you could pull a whole AC system from a scraped civilian blazer, burban or pickup and use that. It would be a straight bolt on if you are ok with losing an alternator and switching to 12 volt. Would probably be cheap too.

Napoleon_Tanerite

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/5...running-m1009.html?highlight=air+conditioning

I had a kit from Nostalgic Air Parts installed in mine. VERY good, but will make you realize how un-insulated your truck is. I'm in the process of insulating the interior of my truck. The kit would freeze you out in a M1008, but in a M1009 it can barely keep up due to the lack of insulation and much larger volume of airspace inside the truck.

watkinssr

Nostalgia air has an underdash unit that appears to be the cheapest/easiest/ugliest route. Don't know if anyone has done one of the underdash versions yet...I plan on trying it some day.

OL AG '89

do a search on the CUCV thread we just had a lengthy discussion on this topic a week or so ago....
It's expensive..... 900 for the unit plus you have to cut the dash to install the vents..... or tey to find the under dash.
One of the kits is designed to mount on the M1009, without losing 2nd alternator, not sure how they do it, but that's what they advertise.

Napoleon_Tanerite

I can't say enough good things about the NAP in-dash kit. It's a bear to install (I had mine professionally installed for $500), but it's totally worth it. I would NOT be driving my M1009 right now if it weren't for my NAP A/C kit. It blows SUPER cold, and with proper insulation will make the M1009 a comfortable year-round driver. Do it, it's worth every penny. 10x better than lifting, big tires, sound system, ANYTHING. If you live in the south, there is ABSOLUTELY NO BETTER MOD THAN AIR CONDITIONING!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks