• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A/C- New pulleys or exchange compressor

usmc81301

I bought a Red Dot A/C and was not paying attention to the fact that is was a Serpentine belt system and mine is currently set up with V-Belts. My question is do you think it would be better or easier to change all the pulleys to the Serpentine or to keep the V-Belt system and try to exchange the compressor. Everything is brand new and still in the box. Or maybe which one is the cheaper option.

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]I was under the impression that those kits had both pulleys that you could exchange to go with one or the other on the compressor. But if it where me id change the compressor pulley [/FONT]

R Racing

AtankersDad had the V pulley compressors . PM him.that would be the easy fix. I do prefer the serpentine as it normally uses a spring tensioner system and needs no adjustments once installed espically if you do alot of offroading.

usmc81301

Thanks for the reference. I was wondering where I could get or exchange the one I have now. I would like to some day change to the serpentine belts but it is not in the budget right now.

jwaller

changing your truck over to serp is a huge PITA, to include swapping out the fan and water pump. you can buy the v blet comp on ebay pretty cheap. keep the serp one for down the road sometime.