• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A cheaper way to install LED turn signals?

Randy646

Ok, I wonder if I can do this and make it work or just wishful thinking. Can I get this Grote Military 6x6 LED Turn Signal HMMWV # 81834 surface mount and to just screw it in a current bucket I already heve mounted? So I was thinking to unscrew the current front and just screw this one in and connect it?

Jones

Grote uses their own buckets with a slightly different screw hole pattern.
The TruckLite covers will attach directly to the standard mil. buckets.
If you use the standard buckets you have to gut them so the LED electronics will clear.

Or you can do something like this for a more flush mount?

Attachments

Jones

Thanks guys.
The neat thing about the LED lights is that everything's in the cover and waterproofed.
The LED buckets actually have a big hole in the back for air circulation, and to help keep them dried out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks