• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A couple lift issues on my M1010

DirtyDave

I bought this truck just how it is. 6" Rough country lift and 37" tires. Has the 2" add-a-leaf and 4" blocks in the back. Never been a fan of that set up and it looks like the add-a-leaf is in backwards.
I'm going change all that out in the rear with some 2" springs and 4" shackle flip.

I also noticed I'm going to need a longer drive shaft. Cant believe I drove it home from Oklahoma like this.

Front springs hit the frame when the shackle swings. Going to make longer shackles for the front.

P82A19561.jpgP82A19621.jpgP82A19611.jpgP82A19591.jpgP82A19581.jpgP82A19571.jpg

parklandtrans

I am so surprised we are not looking for a rear driveshaft, transfer case extension housing, rear transfer case half, etc etc..I can't believe it did not come apart...your lucky dude...buy a couple of lottery tickets...:)...
Bob
Parklandtrans man

Drock

WOW!! Holy botch job. Agree with earlier comments, Front bushings are worn out, and add a leaf is done wrong. But if you do the ORD shackle flip you may end up having to cut down your drive shaft, I just had to with mine. I'd do the flip before buying a drive shaft.

DirtyDave

I'm going to put a gear vendors on it after I fix all the suspension issues, so I'll need a drive shaft either way

NVRENUFF

I have the same frame and spring issues on the front. It's a new superlift 6" kit. New springs and new bushings. It's not the bushings worn out, it's the long arch of the lift springs. Getting shackles that are 1/2" longer will clear that up and only lift the front another 1/4", not enough to even notice.

Good of luck on the rear. I went with 5.5" lift blocks to keep the stock springs for hauling. Seems to still flex really well offroad too.

sweetk30

as said add-a-leaf in wrong position . NEVER let a leaf be short over the next or it will bend it and brake over time.

check for worn out upper shackle bushings on the frame for front springs . all most always dead by now in these trucks.

1/2" longer is all that's needed for front shackle length over stock . keeps stuff in good angles for caster / camber but get you better frame clearance.

flip kit and lift springs in rear sounds like good combo .

if me ditch rough country stuff . there quality has gone way down hill and there leafs for these trucks ride worse than a dump truck .

look these guys up for info / pointers / products / GREAT service . www.offroaddesign.com

I have built lots of these square bodys with there stuff.

also www.diy4x.com kirt is a good guy to deal with also . I have a bunch of his stuff also .

DirtyDave

Yes, I've been looking at ORD stuff. I'm Going to build most of it on my own. I'll update when I start getting things fixed. Truck is just a couple inches too tall to get in my shop door lol. Just bought some stock sized tires to put on it so I can pull it in and out of my shop

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks