• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A day of modifying.

machinist75

Got up early this morning with a few tasks I wanted to accomplish on the deuce. First was install a3 backup and clearance lights on my a2. Second was mount my alpine GPS I had laying around. And lastly a outlet for the GPS or any accessory like a cell phone. Got the lights all mounted on the rear and wired the clearance lights in with the brake lights. Then tried to mount a micro switch to the shaft coming out of the transmission so the back up lights would come on automatically when you put it in reverse. Went through a couple of different ones from RadioShack, but none of them were strong enough to survive being mounted. They would just fall apart. Cheap plastic Chinese crap. So instead of spending too much time or thought I just wired them to an aircraft type toggle switch. I thought it would be handy like that in case I needed some light while loading or unloading in the dark.

I then tackled the GPS mount, easy enough I fashioned one from a bracket I had laying around and mounted it to one of the screws on top of the dash panel. That was easy enough. Next to make a bracket for the accessory plug and toggle switch. I have a few of the kits for mounting hmmwv seats, and in there I found a bracket that was perfect. It already had four small guide holes in it all I needed to do was enlarge them a bit. I have room on the bracket of another toggle or more and I went ahead and made another hole to accept a second accessory plug. I wired it into my 24 to 12 volt convertor.

Everything works like I wanted it to. But I have to say its a booger working under the dash of the deuce, not a lot of room.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks