• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a deuce rollback conversion?

mf5129

has anybody else thought of putting a rollback or a ramp type wedge car hauler on a m35.ive heard there was a m36a2 available.it has a longer wheelbase.i havent found out anything about them.i have never bought a m35 yet.it would make a great salvage hauler.any opinions on this?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M36 bed is 17'. You need to drive one before you commit to building that. Very low power when towing/hauling alot.

digitaldust

I looked into doing that . too slow ,too high, too much. get a truck made for it .
my wrecker bed is much longer then my deuce frame the mods would be crazy expensive
and I think a conversion van would be a " soft top " after the first low bridge.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Please move the discussion over the pre-existing thread-no need for 2 threads about an identical topic.

Kohburn

don't know how things are moderated here, but on forums that I mod the redundant threads are either merged or a link to the main thread is pasted into the redundant one then the redundant one is locked to force discussiont othe primary.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
don't know how things are moderated here, but on forums that I mod the redundant threads are either merged or a link to the main thread is pasted into the redundant one then the redundant one is locked to force discussiont othe primary.
We are strongly considering it............ but there are a few issues holding us back.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/692834-post5.html <--more in depth description

The biggest sticking point (in my opinion):

2. I personally fear this policy would train the membership to NOT search-why bother searching if a mod will do it for you? Just post a thread and wait for it to be merged and let someone else do the work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks