• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a failure mode for deuce injectors and IP

Beyond Biodiesel

This forum is big, so I am not sure if this has been discussed yet. But, I will just start this thread and hope it is a new topic.

My M756a2 stopped firing 2.2 years ago, and I have been trying to track down its problem since. The first thing I did was replace all of the filters, which did not fix the problem; however, I did stumble upon what I now believe to be the cause of its problems. When I replaced the fuel filters I found both of them have a cup-shaped fitting that insures a positive seal on the base of the cartridge. I found both filter cups on my deuce were made of brass, and pitted through. So, if you are experiencing an unusual frequency of injector, or IP, failures, then check this part.

Otherwise, if someone has access to these filter cups, and can ship me 2, then drop me a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks