• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few Minor Mods

Tlauden

Well i got a few things done to the deuce today that i've been wanting to get around to.

1) Tried out a paint color on front bumper
- Not sure if i like it, its a weird tan-ish color

2) Front running lights on with head lights on
- I did this a little different than what people normally do. I actually tied my front running lights in to the Master Power for the truck. I used a capped wire i found under the hood just hanging there:-?i need to find some 24v relays... In the future i wanna tie the entire lighting system in this way that way i can just leave my 3 lever switch on all the time. I feel its safer to run with lights on and wiring them that way will guarantee i don't forget:beer:

3) Painted some letters on the Bumper
- SS for Steel Soldiers, PA for PA and M35A2
- Its obvious to us but i wanted two lines of lettering and didnt know what else to put...:| So i decided on M35A2. I think it came out really nice:-D

Heres Some Pics

Attachments

oddshot

Front running lights on with head lights on

Painted some letters on the Bumper
- SS for Steel Soldiers, PA for PA and M35A2
- Its obvious to us but i wanted two lines of lettering and didnt know what else to put...:| So i decided on M35A2. I think it came out really nice:-D
Sounds like a nice day with the Deuce!

Yeah ... the front bumper looks pretty snappy! I'll be glad when I get some time to paint and detail the Mother Duck.

The running lights is just a plain good idea!

Anything that helps folks see you is a good idea.

nice work!

oddshot

Welder Sam

If i may offer this, ya get nice crisp lines from stencils if ya use "stencil adhesive". Available from ur local hobby shop. I love it! Like what you've done too!

Last edited:

Tlauden

If i may offer this, ya get nice crisp lines from stencils if ya use "stencil adhesive". Available from ur local hobby shop. I love it! Like what you've done too!
Thanks! Never heard of it before, once I finally figured out what would look decent stenciled I was trying to beat the rain... So, as you can see, stenciled the whole thin at once... I think it woulda turned out a wee bit better if I woulda done the top then te bottom. I might sand it down and re-letter it tomorrow when I got a little more time. I'll have to stop first and try to track down the stencil adhesive you mentioned first :)

Just a side question though, what do you all think of putting M35A2 on it like I did? I think it's kinda cool and fits the military "look" while stating a simple fact of what it is. Or is it to tacky?

Thanks
Tyler

wbdodgeiv

I have used regular contact cement spray to stick down stencils and power washed it off when the paint was dry. Currently I have vinyl decals printed at the local sign shop. All of the markings on my truck cost $50, the various stars and all of the bumper numbers.

Tlauden

I thought about vinyl and am actually friends with the owner of a local shop, bit I don't know how well they would stick to the CARC paint, it's rather rough....

Welder Sam

←was done woth a stencil frm airbrushingstencils.com or the ebay store "gt coatings". Rob suggested the adhesive. Hobby lobby and micheals carry it and its a breeze to use.
Ur bumper markings look great. Ur on a tasteful path.

Vinyl decals and stickers definatly have their advantages but i dig the do it myself part and having infinite color choices. Not putting anything or anyone down, just my taste.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks