• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few pics of my neverending project

Welder Sam

Got ur work cut out for ya but itll be worth it. I found 2 715's and 1 725 abt 50mi frm me. Id love to put 3/4ton axles under it with a sb chevy and a 5speed for a dd. Ur thoughts?

CHRIS UNGER

That was the engine / trans combo I was going to install but I got a helluva deal on the cummins so that is what I went with. That sounds like a good combo. This truck is a daily driver that gets around 15 mpg.

spicergear

What transmission are you running? A buddy of mine has a 4BT with the wastegate tack welded closed and NV4500 with the 4.56 geared CUCV rears and 42's getting 24mpg.

sojourner

Sojourner, how is your rig coming along. Are you screaming down the highway around 80 yet? So what radiator did you end up with anyway?
Probably as you can tell I work slow, I've had a day a month to put time in on it. I'm looking at getting a fsj valence and running the fsj rad. What did you use?

CHRIS UNGER

I used the stock radiator till it sprung a leak and then I bought a CJ conversion radiator. It cools fine until you pull a trailer in above 90 degree weather but mine has not overheated yet. Only prob. is you will spend 50 bucks in radiator hoses to get it plumbed.

spicergear

Summit or Jegs has a radiator that comes close to dropping in and they cool very well. IIRC, you need to move the passenger's side radiator mount over (wider) to fit the larger radiator. Kept my 427 outta the red. Also, install a good oil cooler...tough to go wrong there.

CHRIS UNGER

I may be a little critical about my truck. I t got a little warm (205 deg.) while pulling 5500 lbs on a 95 degree day but other than that it runs 180 all the time. I even ran the truck with no fan for a week or two while chasing down an electric fan and it never heated up under normal driving as long as you didn't get stuck in traffic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks