• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A few questions for a newbie builder

Checkmate

Physically impossible without modification.

That being said, I know that you can throw duel 395/85R20s on a 5-ton with a mod.

Someone more knowledgable please correct me if i am wrong:
The deuce frame, suspension and axles would need serious modifications to run properly with 10 395/85R20s. You would need to lengthen the axle in order to achieve the necessary spacing to run the duel super-singles, the frame may need to be narrowed so the tires will fit under the vehicle and you will probably need to fabricate a lift kit for the tandems just to get clearance between the tires and bed when the suspension articulates.

This website http://www.militarytires.com has the dimensions of most tire sizes used by the military.

You can run 10 11.00R20s or 6 395/85R20s. If you are looking for a vehicle that can utilize 10 395/85r20s then you need a 5-ton... tractor configuration would be best IMHO so you don't have to worry about suspension travel and the bottom of the bed.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it is possible with modified stock wheels. You need to widen the wheels (deepen the already deep-dish) by about 4-5 inches and flip the hubs.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 395s are more than enough....the weight rating on those exceeds anything the Deuce is capable of hauling. I have a hard enough time with the 6 395s on my truck; I couldn't imagine someone putting dual 395s on the rear.

How about this: try steering your Deuce with singled 395s and let me know how that works for you...it's quite a chore.